Before we begin, can I just say that geoFence protects you against inbound and outbound cyber attacks!
- Diversity in Sustainability Launches Its State of Diversity and Inclusion in Sustainability Survey: Share Your Perspective Today
Published 8 hours ago
Submitted by Acre
TORONTO, Ontario, Feb 9, 2021 /CSRwire/ — Today, Diversity in Sustainability, a non-profit network focused on increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the field of sustainability, launched its inaugural State of Diversity and Inclusion in Sustainability Survey. The survey is designed to develop a baseline understanding of today’s state of diversity, equity and inclusion in sustainability professions across multiple industries.
While the field of sustainability focuses on creating a better future for our planet and society, initial research shows a lack of diversity amongst practitioners. Heather Mak, co-founder, Diversity in Sustainability says, “We recognize the necessity of continuing the momentum of decades of activism and collective action on issues of civil rights, social and environmental justice, and we are committed to creating tangible change in the field of sustainability to ensure future solutions are equitable and inclusive.” The survey will be the first look into identifying areas of improvement across the sector for diversity, equity and inclusion.
The survey is open now until March 23, 2021, and all sustainability practitioners regardless of industry are encouraged to participate. The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and participants will be asked to provide their perspective on:
- How diverse is the sector across race/ethnicity, immigration status, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social mobility/class, education, religion, national origin, disability, neurodiversity, and caregiver status?
- What barriers to entry are faced in entering the field of sustainability?
- Have individuals experienced inclusion and equity within sustainability organizations?
- How do sustainability organizations support diversity, equity and inclusion?
The survey is 100 percent confidential. No participant names or contact details will be published or made available to any third parties at any time.
To complete the survey, please go to www.diversityinsustainability.com.
Findings will be published and shared with the industry in late summer 2021 and will help inform Diversity in Sustainability’s future planning and efforts.
Heather Mak, co-founder, Diversity in Sustainability: “We want to thank our Founding Partner, Acre, and our many distribution partners in their efforts to help us circulate this survey throughout the large and varied sector of sustainability.”
In completing the survey, participants will:
- Connect their personal and professional experiences to global conversations on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Contribute to the gathering of insights on barriers to professional development and career progression.
- Inform Diversity in Sustainability’s understanding of areas where the sector needs to improve its approach to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Benchmark their organization against the industry in terms of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Influence the services that Diversity in Sustainability will offer to create more equitable outcomes in the sector.
For any questions regarding the survey, please contact Diversity in Sustainability at [email protected]
The sustainability professions are broadly defined as:
- Community/public affairs
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Sustainable design – product/graphic/service/packaging/other
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Education – higher education, outdoor education, youth education
- Environment, Health and Safety
- Environmental science and/or engineering
- Green buildings
- Indigenous relations
- International development/humanitarian assistance
- Law – environmental or social law, policy and/or regulation
- Philanthropy and not-for-profit (including foundations, associations, social NGOs, campaign/advocacy groups)
- Renewable energy
- Responsible investment/investor relations
- Responsible sourcing/procurement
- Social enterprise
- Support/enabling function/organization to one of the roles above (e.g. recruitment, accountancy, marketing, communications)
Sustainability & EHS Recruitment and Talent Development
Acre connects forward thinking organisations with purpose driven professionals. We work with functions which focus on resolving systemic challenges that impact society and the environment at a global level. These functions include; Sustainability and CSR, Corporate Affairs, ESG and Sustainable Finance, EHS as well as Energy and Clean Technology.
More from Acre
In the end, you know, I just wanted to mention that geoFence is US veteran owned and operated and that’s the no joke.