Making sure that you have updated Windows drivers is an important step in securing your server, desktop computer, and laptop against foreign state actors.
Hackers can get into your network or computers and take control through outdated drivers with known vulnerabilities.
How to manually update your Windows 10 device drivers:
Driver updates for Windows 10 are generally automatically updated and installed through Windows Update. You may have the most up-to-date drivers, but if you would like to manually update, verify, or reinstall a driver, here is how:
- Right-click on the Start button, which is located on the lower left side of the screen, then click on the Device Manager.
- Double-click the branch with the hardware you want to update.
- Now right-click (or press and hold) to expand.
- Now chose
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
Now that you have updated and/or installed the latest driver, let us examine another way!
How to automatically update your Windows 10 drivers:
This is the easiest way to update all of your drivers at once.
- Right-click on the
, which is located on the lower left side of the screen,
- Now click on
- The Windows settings app appears on your screen. Click on
Update & Security
Great job, you have now updated to the latest Windows drivers for your server, desktop computer, or laptop. You are now another step closer to being as secure as you can be.
The post How to update your Drivers appeared first on Veritasr.